Statement of Faith
WHO WE ARE:
We, at Abundant Life Church of San Antonio, are a congregation of believers in the Triune God from various walks of life. We are forgiven sinners, by the grace of God, seeking to clearly know God’s will for us and to obediently follow his leading. We are created by God (Revelation 4:11) for his pleasure, redeemed by the blood of Jesus, sanctified and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
As members of God’s family, WE BELIEVE:
2. It is vital for people to study and meditate on God’s Word. (Psalm 1:1-3; Joshua 1:8; Colossians 3:16)
3. In the virgin birth of Jesus (Luke 1:34-35), that Jesus died for everyone (John 3:16; 2 Peter 3:9), that God raised Jesus bodily from the dead (Acts 1:9), and that Jesus is coming again (Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16).
4. Everyone needs to know Jesus as personal Savior and Lord. (John 3:16; Acts 15:30-31; Philippians 2:10-11)
5. Those who do not repent and believe in the Lord Jesus are lost, condemned sinners who will spend eternity in hell. (John 3:18; Acts 16:31)
6. Satan is the personal enemy of every believer and is active in the world today, in every community including ours. (John 10:10a; Revelation 12:9)
7. Through his death and resurrection, Jesus defeated the devil that we might experience an abundant Christian life. (Romans 6:9; John 10:10b)
8. Christians have authority in the name of Jesus over Satan and all his works. (Mark 16:17-18; Ephesians 1:19, 2:6)
9. Confession of an individual’s specific sins is essential for the healing of spirit, soul, and body. (1 John 1:9; James 5:16)
10. God answers prayer and we seek to edify our members by sharing praise reports of His answers. (Luke 18:1; Matthew 7:11)
11. Christians are being filled today with the Holy Spirit as the believers were in New Testament times. (Luke 11:13; Acts 2:4, 39)
12. The Holy Spirit must not be quenched. (1 Thessalonians 5:19-20; 1 Corinthians 14:39)
13. Supernatural miracles still occur today and we welcome signs and wonders. (John 14:12; Mark 16:17-20)